Our Complaints Process
Reiki Guild South Africa Complaints Process
The Standard Process:
- When a complaint is received, the Reiki Guild Complaints Officer will collect all the necessary information from the complainant.
- The complaint’s officer will identify the point in the Code of Conduct & Ethics the allegation falls under.
- The Reiki Guild management will conduct an investigation – allowing the Member against whom the complaint is given to give their version of events.
- An enquiries will be held by no less than two members of the Reiki Guild management to decide on the matter and give an outcome that must be by a majority. (If there are two people adjudicating, they both have to agree. If for whatever reason they cannot, a third member will be brought in).
- All decisions are made based on the complaint and response by the member; and should the need arise, the calling of either person for clarification.
- If a member is found to be in contravention of the Code of Conduct & Ethics, the member is sanctioned according to the complaints guide and the complainee is given feedback.
- If a member is not in contravention of the Code of Conduct & Ethics, the member and complainee who laid the complaint will be given feedback.
- The complaints process is confidential and not to be discussed or disclosed outside the decision-making process.
- Full electronic records of each decision will be kept and maintained.
- We strive to be timeous and aim to resolve complaints with a turnaround time of 15 working days (21 calendar days).