Reiki – An Introduction
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese form of energy healing where trained Reiki practitioners use a technique where universal energy is transferred through the practitioner to the client in order to encourage emotional, physical, mental or spiritual healing.
The word “Reiki” comes from the Japanese words “rei,” meaning “universal,” and “ki,” which refers to the vital life force energy that flows through all living things. Reiki works by balancing the flow of energy in the body, which can lead to a number of health benefits, including:
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Improved sleep
- Increased relaxation
- Pain relief
- Improved circulation
- Enhanced immune function
- Faster healing of injuries
- Promoting the bodies natural ability for self-healing
- Healing holistically – Body-Mind-Spirit
- Adapting to the natural needs of the receiver
- Clearing toxins
- Balancing the energies in the body by working with the chakras, meridians and the auric field
- Promoting creativity
- Treating symptoms and causes of illness
- Releasing blocked and suppressed feelings
- Enhancing personal awareness
Reiki is a safe and non-invasive therapy that can be used for people of all ages and health conditions. It is often used as a complementary therapy to traditional medical treatments.
What to expect from a Reiki session
- You will be asked to lie down on a massage table or sit in a comfortable chair, in a relaxed and calm environment.
- The practitioner will place their hands on or near your body, depending on your preference.
- You may feel a sensation of warmth, tingling, or energy flowing through your body.
- You may also feel relaxed, calm, or sleepy.
- Reiki sessions typically last between 60 – 90 minutes.
It is important to remember that Reiki is a personal experience, and your results may vary. Some people feel a strong sensation of energy flowing through their body during a Reiki session, while others may feel nothing at all. There is no right or wrong way to experience Reiki.
The most important thing is to relax and let go of any expectations you may have. Allow yourself to receive the healing energy that is being offered to you.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your Reiki session:
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Arrive for your session on time and relaxed.
- Let the practitioner know if you have any health concerns.
- Close your eyes and relax during the session.
- Pay attention to any sensations you may feel.
- After the session, drink plenty of water and rest.
Reiki can be a very relaxing and healing experience. If you are looking for a way to reduce stress, improve your overall well-being, or simply experience some peace and quiet, we encourage you to give Reiki a try.